Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Heart Day!

My kid's always called it heart day instead of Valentine's- kinda sweet. Usually on Valentine's Day I wear a clay heart one of them made in pre-school at Little Red Schoolhouse. When I went to get it today I remembered the clay on the last one just crumbled last year. Maybe I can get my 19, 17 and 13 yr olds to make their mama a new one. I can tempted them with candy : )

Brenda Wright's " Bee Mine" doll
 The turnout for the paper doll swap was AMAZING! I was so pleased with the turn out and the creativity was over the top.
Carla Henderson's doll was a cute on the front as on the back.




Love her little cone backpack with flowers!


I am so sorry Franc, I have tried for 30mins to turn your cutie and my computer is fighting me- and WON! 


This cutie pie from miss Arlene came all the way from Tulsa


This Miss is also a T town girl- I'm a little partial since I am also.



Nan Nix's doll was created from a vintage paper doll.




This doll is from Becky Bullard, who has 3 live dolls at her home!


This sassy miss is from the quilt artist, Martha Green



Once again my computer has won. This doll is from Jude Tolar and the doll's hat and bowl are copies of a pastel Jude draw and had reduced to fit the doll.


AMAZING!

They were all fabulous and since our judge couldn't pick between two, we decided to have two winners....

DRUMROLL PLEASE...




Amy Baldwin's Beauty complete with a heart shaped lock


 
And...
 


This handsome duo from Fran McClintock!

Congrats to Amy and Fran on their dolls ! 

Can't think of a better way to celebrate Valentine's day that with these creative cuties- however one of Jackie's famous iced cookies would be perfect. I hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day full of sweet treats!

6 comments:

  1. I feel so honored to have my paper doll shown with so many wonderful talented artists! I love them all! Thanks for doing this, Cindy. I really had a lot of fun with it. I hope your day is filled with lots of goodies and love! See ya soon...Nan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda's work of art arrived today in the mail..AMAZING!! Thank you so much for having the fun swap and showing us all of the dolls as I'm in luv with CC stamps and have many more ideas now for using them. Congrats to the 2 winners, some amazing and beautiful dolls!! Can't wait until I can visit you and use my bonus discount :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CiNdY...what a fun swap this was! all these lovely paper ladies just make me smile...! can't wait to see which one comes home with me! hope your valentine's day is delightful & full of love...franc

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! What a talented group, and OKC ladies sure know how to have fun. I love all the pretty dolls you have been designing. A local friend here in ATL just called me and told me to take a peek at what you all have been up to. She's an avid follower of your blog as well as Jackie's. Thanks so much for sharing on your blog so we here in ATL can live vicariously. XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dolls! As I told you last week when I was in picking up some of Catherine's stamps, I wish I could be there for your upcoming class. Maybe I will be lucky and a future class will be in my stars.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for hosting this Cindy! It was so fun to play along. I really appreciate the recognition among such wonderfully talented women. They are all so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete