Friday, July 22, 2011

While the cats away the mice shall play


As you can see it has been very active at Paper Crown this week. We had our July Kids Camp on Mon.- Thurs. with lots of creating, laughing, snacking and even a little dancing- at least in the afternoon session.
 We created a mixed media "Home Sweet Home " canvas, sculpted cupcakes that rivaled Sprinkles, recreated in pastels Kandinsky's circles and possibly their favorites- shrinky dinks and frozen chocolate covered bananas. 

We assemble 12 circles to create a colorful modern piece. My favorite but not the kiddos; it's a lot of coloring. I promised them all the work would be worth it when completed; mom & dad are going to love it! 

The morning chickies were hard workers and also completed these poppy paintings- Way to go girls!


In the afternoon we were a little more mischievous and even got kinda crazy with the paint. Bo decided I needed a moustache, it made me look more like an artist.


I'm so proud of all these kiddos- it was a fun week

As fun as last week,  it did leave me wanting a little break so I'm off next week on holiday. Cheri and Ms. Emily, Katie's buddy since middle school and fellow Baylor Bear, will be holding down the fort with some modified hours. As most of you know it's basically a one man shop and on occasion we need to deviate from our set schedule. I hope you understand and I apologize for any inconvenience it might cause.

Paper Crown Hours
week of July. 23- July 30

Sat., July 23
10-4

Mon., & Tues., July 25 & 26
10-3



Mix and Mingle
Tues., July 26
6-8pm
Hosted by the cheerful Cheri and talented Jackie

Wed.,  July 27
10-5:30

Thurs. & Fri. , July 28 & 29
10-3

Sat., July 30
Closed

We will hit the ground running on Aug. 1 with 4 days of Kids Camp and our regular weekday schedule of 10-5:30. I assured Emily our customers were the nicest so please be patient if things are a little off next week- however knowing Emily it probably will be smoother than when I am here. 


New Somerset magazines and Echo Park arrived today

Check out Jackie's blog for new Aug and Sept classes

  don't forget
Mix & Mingle
Tuesday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment