Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Greek to Me







Today is bid day at OU. I had two very different bid days- the first time I thought my world had collapsed- looking back it probably was the worst thing that had happened to me at that point in my life. Needless to say, I had been coasting up until that point. I think god used this event to help prepare me for what was to come. Much much bigger and worse.  But at 17 yrs old and 5 hours from home, I was devastated. I still have the note my Dad sent me. He was unsure what to say, couldn't imagine how this had happened and was a little frightened I was ready to call it quits and all that money would be wasted.

I survived and actually had one of my best semesters- and I met Austin. The next year rush was a much happier place and I remember being swamped with blue and gold and the triple deltas.  

I'm not so sure what I think about rush- a little of both because I can very clearly remember it from both sides.  However Katie's experience has been so very positive that I decided to jump on the sorority bandwagon this year. For years customers have been asking for cute sorority gifts so we have a small collection to see how it goes. It is small so don't wait but I think you will be pleased.







Thanks to everyone who came to our sale last weekend. It was a huge success and now we have room for all the new items that are beginning to arrive daily including: new Halloween from Authentique and My Mind's Eye, October Afternoon's Woodland Park and some beautiful trim from Renaissance Ribbon.





1 comment:

  1. ooh, ahh...i love ribbons! CiNdY, thanks for having your sale, you do such nice things for us customers & I appreciate YoU!!! looking forward to thursday evening...good friends & a bouquet of flowers to paint, woo hoo! franc

    ReplyDelete