Wednesday, March 28, 2018

601 Franklin Ave.

 
 
Thought I would share with you today our new home in Waco, TX. If all goes as planned, which I think will be a miracle, Paper Crown Waco will be open for business mid May. We will be taking over the right side (Interior Glow)  of this beautiful historic building, The Praetorian. Franklin Ave is in downtown Waco and we are lucky enough to be right on the trolley route.
 
 
 
 
 
I have always preferred old houses and buildings over new and was thrilled when this beauty became available. Love the pressed tin on the awnings outside and inside. 
 
 
 
 I will be sharing the bottom floor with two other business, Summer Ellis Bijouterie and BRU Artisan Coffee. A funny coincidence, about 6 years ago I saw Summer's jewelry in Waco and began carrying it at Paper Crown. Now you all can just take a step to the left and swoon over Summer's entire collection; it's a win-win. Another fun perk, there is a very good coffee shop right outside my door- how convenient. When I saw it, I immediately thought of Jackie and Angie, the java girls. The top floors of the building are offices, studios and loft apartments. I believe there is also an airbnb in the building so you can't get much closer than that.



Fun café tables line the store's windows. I love all natural light that will be flooding the store.

 
    
Space is currently occupied by a furniture and home décor store. Arrangement for Paper Crown will require some thinking outside the box but we are up for the challenge.


My only hesitation about this space is the classroom area and the landlord is very aware that it is a top priority for the store and is working hard to find options that will accommodate classes. So we will probably have some trial and errors before we find the perfect solution but I am sure we will.
 
 Our first big event at the store will be a Waco weekend with Stephanie Ackerman on June 29th-July1st. Stephanie will be teaching one of her famous and fun classes, we will tour Waco, do all things Magnolia, shop a little at Paper Crown and hopefully have breakfast at Magnolia Table. Classes, lodging (which you will love!), treats and meals are all included. We only have a few spots available but if you are interested, call the store. I can't think of a better way to kick off Paper Crown Waco. 
 
I hope you all will stop by and say hello if you are headed south or just come down for a girl's trip. Each of you have a piece of my heart and I absolutely know I will miss you terribly. I have had an amazing run in OKC- blessed way beyond what I deserve.
 
And by the way, some of you might recognize my neighbor down the street ; ) All the more reason to make a road trip to Waco!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Looks like a beautiful space Cindy. I look forward to visiting it someday :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you will make it spectacular! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hip new spot! I will miss your shop in OKC though as it was the best place to find so many lovely papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can’t wait to see you work your magic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always wanted to visit and take your awesome classes. Will Jackie Peters come down to teach?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm...June? Perhaps I can make it by then!? This place looks great, Cindy! I'm so happy for you! -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look forward to coming up North from Leander, Texas. Congratulations to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can not wait for this store to open love different scrapbook papers and bling

    ReplyDelete