Sunday, February 6, 2011

Kid's Camp





This is one of my favorite 3rd graders- just the right mix of sweetness and sass- and I'm so glad she and her sister "lil bit" came to kid's camp with mom today. As you can see, she takes after her mom and is a wonderful artist.

For those of you that haven't heard, Hillari and I teach a kid's art camp once a month on Sunday afternoons. The projects range from painting, sculpting, paper arts- you never know what we might come up with but it is always fun. The cost and whether it is a one or two session camp depends on the project. Today they created a 3-d heart which we referred to as a "tinker toy" heart. They were all so very unique and absolutely beautiful.

The kiddos have done some wonderful pieces over the past several years. Here are a few of our favorites-



Honestly these were done by little kids, not one over 5th grade
As you can see, this is artwork you would love to display in your home. Actually we often have adults that come into the store and want to sign up for Kid's Camp. 

Hillari and I are so delighted you share your wonderful children with us- I can't think of anything I would rather do. One nice thing about kiddos, they believe everything you say and on occasion I admit I've had to wing it.

Kid's camp is open to any child who has finished 1st grade. Classes are usually from 1:30-4:30 and we provide a healthy- with an occasionally not so healthy - treat. Anytime we load them up on sugar you can be guaranteed it was the last 30 mins. of class- we did that once and got to experience a group " sugar high" - Never again!

Our next Kid's camp is Sunday, February 27th from 1:30-4:30. This will be  "Meet the Masters" where the kiddos will create three mini projects representative of three of the art world's greatest masters- can you tell we haven't narrowed down the last artist. Cost for "Meet the Masters" is $80.00 and you can contact the store for more information or to reserve your spot. 

Hope you all are enjoying the Superbowl and may your team win!    

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the tinker toy hearts! My son would have had a blast creating that! Thanks for sharing such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, to be a kid again...
    CinDy, you and HiLlaRy are a great team...!
    Our store RoCkS!!! franc

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great opportunity for the kids to experience all different forms of art before they become critical and want perfection. Well... they are doing pretty perfect work already, they're just not too critical yet. I wish mine were little again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your tinker toy hearts! They are amazing! What did the kids use to make the pieces? It almost looks like rolled magazine pages. I would love to try this with my kids if you would let me know :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete