Monday, May 7, 2012

Merci Colette!



What a fun weekend we had! Last Friday and Saturday we were lucky enough to learn from our favorite Canadian artist, Miss Colette Copeland. As you can tell from the picture, a wonderful time was had by all.

We were so very lucky to have Colette for two days of classes and inspiration. Not only is she extemely talented but such a very nice person. We all sat mesmerized by her stories- she has lead such an interesting and full life- and awe struck by her art.  Those in her classes were able to purchase pieces from Colette's collection but never fear, she has agreed to come to Glitter Market in November with a trunk of treasures.


One of the classses offered was this adorable stuffed cottage. Two of Paper Crown's favorites and good friends of Colette, Jemellia and Robin , came to share a day of fun and get caught up with their friend.

Two of our other favorites, Bobbie and Linda, even had Colette ohh and ahhing over their cottages.

 On Saturday we made the cutest stuffed birds. Renee with her " tweet" birdie.



Thanks to everyone who came out this weekend to help welcome Colette to Oklahoma. I think she had a wonderful time and I hope she will visit us many many more times. We really were so very lucky to land Colette and I'm so appreciative of her making the long trip south.

Thanks also to Jackie for helping me with the hostessing duties, you truly are the hostess with the mostest!


 Three new My Mind's Eye lines arrived last week and I believe all 4 Webster lines should be here by the end of the week. Webster's promised they would leave the plant by this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. I loved every minute of my stay. The Paper Crown is one of the best of its kind anywhere and I was honored and privileged to teach there, to meet you (xoxo), see my friends again, and make new friends -- all the students were just wonderful, and I can't thank you enough for being so very good to me.
    I can't wait to see you again in November.
    I miss you!!
    xoxo Colette

    ReplyDelete