Tuesday, October 17, 2017

A Heart Full of Gratitude



I have been struggling for a week on this post. I felt I needed to word everything just right so you ALL would know how much you meant to me, how each and everyone of you has made an impact on me and finally, how I consider ya'll  my little gifts from God. So as I was wrestling with what to say, the time passed and I realized I was probably having the opposite effect. Sometimes it is best just to say it even though it is a jumbly mess and hope that your friends know you well enough to "get it . "
In the meantime, I have spent a lot of time the past week thinking about each and everyone of you. It has been a very happy week!

First, I would like to thank each of you who attended the retreat. I specifically opened up this retreat to those of you glitter girls who have supported the store and the retreats for all of these years. Without you there would be no store, no classes, no retreat and certainly no happy place! Ya'll collectively spent a lot of money on retreat, took off work, drove hours to get here, paid for a hotel, paid for a flight, came in your wheelchair- twice : ), left your recovering family, drove back and forth a million times a day, risked getting very sick- basically you all pulled a lot of strings to get here and we all appreciate it. Over the years I have realized time and time again that our tribe is very special. You are will never be replaced, you are that one perfect moment that is never ever duplicated. Thank you girls!


Next , thank you Jackie, Bobbie, Angie and Terri. Each of you always exceed my expectations and always seem to have an unlimited amount of energy.  I'm basically a slug but have managed to surround myself with energizer bunnies who make me look pretty darn good. Each of you possess an amazing amount of artistic talent and together you are a super nova. You have each made a shining impact on us and we are all so blessed to have 4 of the best.


  Terri we appreciate you leaving your dream like studio to come south, we all solder and look so much better because of you. Angie, so so glad Becky brought you into our world. You make us all smile and I love your young spirit. If you ever get all those creative projects from your brain to reality the world will be flooded with your fun art. Bobbie, it was so fun to have you back home! We missed you and your sweet spirit and those amazingly detailed projects. It's amazing you came up with that horse in a couple of hours. Jackie, honestly it has all been said so many times before but we could not do this without you. You keep me on track and then complete everything I thought I could do but really couldn't. You have kept us all creating over the years and we are so very grateful for you- our most talented friend!


 
Amy you are the one who keeps this place running during retreat. Every job I don't want to do you gladly take on and single handedly keep every one's bags and purchases straight. You have had my back from the very beginning and I couldn't have asked for anyone more perfect. Wanna move south?
 



 
Most of you know this story but I think it is worth repeating, especially because it kept playing through my head all weekend of the retreat. When I bought the store 12 years ago I was without a doubt at the worst point in my life. Absolutely everything had fallen apart and I was blindsided and knocked squarely on my tush. So I did what you are never to do, make a major decision during the chaos of a major change. Not only did I lose my husband but I also lost my crafty friend, the one I created class parties, costumes and backdrops, elaborate kid parties and just about any craft project you can imagine. I remember thinking I would never ever have another friend to do that kinda stuff with again. I sincerely believe God has a sense of humor because he replaced that person with so many more true friends who are much more creative and a whole lot nicer. God's plan is always so much grander than anything we can imagine.
 
 I also remember thinking I would never be able to go vacation again and I have had the joy of traveling to creative adventures with most of you and know our season of travels is no where near the end. So while Paper Crown might be your happy place, you brought happiness back to me. Thank you for rescuing me, restoring me, and bringing friendship and hope back into my life. I love you all dearly!

6 comments:

  1. sorry i was unable to attend this retreat.. but i never stop thinking about you and paper crown.. it is you who i am blessed to have in my life.

    you have shared so much.. hoping to continue crafting with you where ever you are.. cindy

    love,
    lana cano kloch

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a special friend... thanks for all you do to accommodate our creativity... thanks for Our Happy Place...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, I've been avoiding the same thing for the same reasons - I know I won't be able to convey how very appreciative I am for all you have provided for all of us but I'll also try! I thank you for your warm, loving self and your friendship, for providing us all with an awesome, happy HAVEN of fun, friendship and creativity that can not possible and won't ever be replaced. The retreats you have provided are unsurpassed anywhere - you and your awesome posse outdo yourselves every time, and I couldn't be more grateful for getting to enjoy them with you. Your store and classroom has for sure been a HAPPY PLACE, for SO many of us - what an irreplaceable gift! For every person that you feel blessed by, I know you have been even more of blessing to. I am selfishly sad for all of us to have to lose all that we have been provided by you, BUT am at the same time SO happy for you as you begin a new chapter with your family - I pray that God continues to richly bless you all. Even when it's time to I'm not going to say goodbye - just THANK YOU, and we'll see you soon! With much love and appreciation, XOXOXO
    Kay Heath

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cindy. I can’t even begin to tell you what a blessing you, and Paper Crown have been in my life. I can’t wait for the next adventure... Waco???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear one, although I have never been to your store, your heart with this post comes shining through. I love how your art community has become a family and lifted and supported you through the years. We are all so blessed to have you in our lives. Sounds like this was a very special weekend for you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank YOU, Cindy! I love every minute at Paper Crown and feel so lucky to have found this charming place and lovely group of people. I'll be trying to spend as much time there as possible before you move south!

    ReplyDelete