Monday, November 14, 2011

Glitter Market Countdown ...7, 6, 5



It is almost here and I can not wait!  This Saturday, November 19th  from 10-5 is our 3rd annual Paper Crown Holiday Glitter Market. Each year it has grown and word of our little art fair has spread. It is very exciting and such a great opportunity for our talented artists and wonderful customers. This years Holiday Glitter Market will be held four doors down from Paper Crown at the former Jamie's storefront. It is a very large open location that will allow for more movement and hopefully alleviate some of the crowding at the tables. You won't want to miss this unique and wonderful shopping opportunity. Just think you can get some of that Christmas shopping done before Black Friday.

This weekend got away from me with the birthday parties, classes and garage sale so pretend with me...

7 days and counting.....





Our first featured Glitter Market artist is Charlotte Perez. I met Charlotte is summer at the Gilded Life retreat and the one word I would use to describe Charlotte is exuberant! She has the most fun spirited personality that matches her bold and beautiful jewelry. I wasn't able to get a piece of jewelry this summer but I guarantee I will on Saturday. Charlotte lives in Dallas and I have told her how much we love those girls from across the Red River. Ladies we are in for a amazing treat!


6 days and counting....   
( i know just pretend)



I thought it would be appropriate to feature Donna Layton as our day 6 artist since she was up at the store most of the day yesterday teaching her advent calendar class.  This is Donna's third year at Glitter Market so most of you know about Donna's vintage treasures. She has the most extensive and amazing stash of vintage goodies and the beautiful pieces of art she creates with her stash is amazing. The word I would use to describe Donna is beautifully resourceful. I'm aways amazed at what clever things she has come up with. My dad was was very resourceful and clever but rarely was it beautiful- Donna is that rare combo of both. These ornaments are gorgeous and I know they will go quickly. 


 day 5 and counting....


Today's featured artist is Medeah Kitsmiller. I have known Medeah for about a year and I am continually amazed with the volume and variety of art this girl can put out- and she has a two- or maybe 3 - sorry Miss Chloe, year old. She must not sleep! Medeah has wowed us this past year with her mixed media canvases but I hear her Glitter Market inventory includes so much more! My word for Medeah is energizer bunny- wish she would let me borrow her battery for a week!

Well now that we are on track I hope you are getting excited about Glitter Market. I know it will be bigger and definitely even more sparkley than last year.  So until tomorrow...



Miss cute young lady is Grace. She is also known as Benton, Charlie, Life and baby Joe's sister but today she is my right hand girl. It is career shadowing day at school and Grace came to check out Paper Crown. She has input inventory, cut out stars, rang up customers and we are now off to mixing glitter. Last year she shadowed a delivery nurse- kinda a tough act to follow but not near as squeamish. 

Hey everyone, come to the Glitter Market on Saturday- Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment