Monday, March 5, 2012

Our Favorite Cowgirl, KC Willis, Headed to our Neck of the Priarie




Yippee yi yo Miss KC Willis is coming back to the Paper Crown ranch. We are so very excited to have her back and it will be her last art class before she moves onto a new chapter in her life. You will not want to miss taking a class or two from this wonderful artist and teacher.   I thought I would forward an email from KC re: her upcoming classes...

Hello friends! I am very excited to be heading back to Oklahoma in April. That'll be here before you know it. Details are now up for my 3 OKC classes at http://studioretreats.ning.com/page/on-the-road-2012.  Registration info is also posted for my Fabric of Faith class in Edmond. The OKC classes are about half full and I will not be returning to the area to teach art...so don't put it off until next time....'cause there won't be one. I will not be traveling and teaching art outside of Colorado (and the Pine Ridge Reservation) after my April trip. It's been a blast and changed my life...but new horizons await. :-)

Please join me in one or more of these fun, technique-packed classes where we will be making Shrines, Fabric Collage Art, or Book Art and more. I had such a great time in Oklahoma in September and I can't wait to come back! Please feel free to share this info on your blog or other art group.

Thanks so much!!!
KC Willis
http://www.lipstickranch.com/
http://www.studioretreats.ning.com/ for kits and DVD's if you can't make it in person. :-)




KC Gone Crazy
A Crazy Quilt Collage Class
 Thursday, April 12
10-4

Along with the techniques and tricks to make this a fun and easy project I will share with you one of my favorite empowering subjects....The Power of Words.
We will make a rather large project (30x40) using my ideas for designing and laying out a large "Crazy Quilt" background with hearts or stars that are covered with my version of easy-to-do crazy quilting. With 4, 6 or 8 hearts or stars you can use your favorite words of inspiration, faith, and empowerment





 
Collage Camp...Free Form Style
Fri., April 13, 2012
10-4:30

Even if you attended the recent Collage Camp in OKC...this one will have new and fun elements to it...and if you missed the class in September 2011...here's your chance to get in on the fun and inspiring moments.


Just bring a few favorite photos or choose from one of mine. I will bring almost everything else you will need. Coffee-stained fabrics,textured and hand-made papers, trims, embellishments and lots of laughs. :-) You can dig through everything I bring from my studio and help yourself for the $40 materials fee due the day of class.




 
 
OK to Shrine On!
A one day altars and shrine workshop
Sat., April 14th
1-4
In this class you will learn the fabric collage techniques that are the signature style of my work and we will use them to transform and old drawer or cool box. Photo transfer techniques and new ways of looking at old things will be part of the class highlights. Paint techniques to age wood will also be taught. Fun for sure! Make an altar art box for the wall...just to have something cool to hang...or make it personal...like a blessing box or a prayer altar. I love making shrines.




Don't delay you won't want to miss this once in a life time opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment